previous

GENERAL IMAGES

next

 

The Church and the Lammas Lands in about 1799
Godalming Museum, ref 405

 

In the background is the wall and one of the forts of the defences of Westbrook Place. These were built to protect General James Oglethorpe's Jacobite sisters whilst he was setting up a settlement in North America

It shows a harvest (possibly barley) being reaped on the Lammas Lands

 

 

Return to General images index or The Meath or Godalming Parish Church before 1878