This shows the preparation for the Duchess of Albany's arrival at Godalming Old Station in 1892.
The Old Station was at the junction of Meadrow and Chalk Road
Photograph: Godalming Museum, ref 0542

 

The Duchess came to open The Meath (initially called 'The Meath Home of Comfort for Epileptics')

The entrance to the Old Station is garlanded.

The Railway Hotel is in the background looking very different then, as it faced onto Station Way and the Old Station.

 

 

Return to Opening the Meath or Godalming Old Station

 

 

>