HISTORIC GODALMING

Eashing Mill (now Abbey Mill), Lower Eashing

 

Abbey Mill in 2010

There has been a mill on the site since mediaeval times and it was probably one of Godalming's three mills that are mentioned in the Domesday Book. It started as a corn mill, but has also been used for paper-making and flock-making.

The mill was destroyed by fire in 1852 and again in 1916 and 1989

 

The mill site was redeveloped following a disasterous fire in 1989

 

HISTORICAL IMAGES

Going back in time

For enlargements, click images

 


Image: courtesy of
Shackleford Archive 

 

Eashing Mill in 1830

 


 

 

Return to Mills