Godalming Parish Church

The Parish Church from Church Street (looking north)

It is built of Bargate Stone and dedicated to Saint Peter and Saint Paul

The 14th century spire rises to 147 feet

The Parish Church from the east
 
The Church was probably founded in the 11th century and has been altered and extended many times, so that it contains the architectural styles of almost every century since then.
 
 

HISTORICAL IMAGES

For enlargements, click images

The Church from the north-east in 1971

 


image: Godalming Museum, ref 1196.34

The Church in about 1920

 

 

image: 37 Views, no. 3

For earlier images see:

- The history of the church from 1878

- The history of the church before 1878

 

 

Return