Ockford Mill, Portsmouth Road
Ockford Mill building in 2008
The mill and mill pond behind are shown on Rocque's map of Surrey, which was published in 1768. The mill pond is named Hock Water, which is believed to be derived from the 'Oak Water'.
The mill has been used for corn and sack-making: the buildings have been used for associated trades. The whole has been converted to offices and light production units.
Going back in time
For enlargements, click images
image: Godalming Museum, ref B000.239
Boating on the mill pond behind The Inn on The Lake
image: Godalming Museum ref, 2515
Sketch of Ockford Mill in the 1850s