Who are we?
Godalming Museum Trust
109a High Street, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1AQ, UK
We are registered as a charity and our registration number is 292155
We are a limited liability company, number 1968010
Our registered office is: 1 Stoke Road, Guildford, GU1 4HW
Godalming Museum Trust runs Godalming Museum in partnership with Godalming Town Council.The Trust abides by Town Council policy and procedures for collecting and processing information, which you can see on the Godalming Town Council website www.godalming-tc.gov.uk/data-protection This Privacy Notice will give you more detailed information about the data which is collected and processed by Godalming Museum Trust in order to process online sales
What information do we collect from you?
We collect the information we need to deliver the items you have ordered from us and to deal with any follow-up enquiries. We do not collect financial data as this is handled by the payment provider you selected at time of purchase. The payment provider does not share your financial information with Godalming Museum Trust. We do collect personal data.Personal data is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, email address or address)
Personal data we collect may include:-
- Your name and title
- Contact details such as postal address, email address and phone number
- Details of correspondence sent to you or received from you
- Other information provided by you at the request of Godalming Museum Trust
How long will we keep your data?
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer needed to process your order.In most cases this will be 30 days after the dispatch of your order, as long as your payment has shown in the museum account. If you contact us with concerns about delivery or within 14 days of the receipt of your order to cancel your order or report a fault, we will retain your data until the issue has been dealt with
Keeping your data safe
We will always consider the security of your personal data and will
- Restrict access to the personal data to those who need to use the information for the purposes to which you have agreed
- Maintain the security of our premises
- Use an IT provider with high security standards
- All museum staff and volunteers are legally obliged to respect your privacy.
Will we share your data?
We will never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes
We will only share data
- If we are required to by law to do
- If you have given us specific permission to do so for a particular reason
- With organisations working with Godalming Museum Trust to deliver Godalming Museum services.This includes Godalming Town Council and its IT contractors and, for online sales, Ecwid and Stripe.These organisations will not use your data for any purpose other than that for which it was collected.They are required to treat your data as carefully as we do
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
You may need to provide proof of identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before we can process your request
- The right to access the personal data we hold on you
- At any point you can contact us to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold on you and to find out why we have that personal data, who has access to it and where it was obtained from.Once we have received your request and proof of identity, we will respond within one month
- There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same personal data or requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive may be subject to an administrative fee.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated
- The right to have your personal data erased
- If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we delete it
- We will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted and if it has not been deleted we will tell you the reason why (for example because we need it to comply with a legal obligation)
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or ask us to restrict processing.We will let you know if we are able to comply and if not why (for example because we have a legal obligation to process it)
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller.We will comply with your request where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request and proof of identity.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained
- You can withdraw your consent easily by contacting the Curator in writing at the above email or postal address.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by post at
The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Changes to our privacy notices
We regularly review our privacy notices and may make changes from time to time.Any changes will be posted to the relevant page on the Godalming Museum website and will apply from the time we post them.You can also see Godalming Museum Trust’s current privacy notices at the museum.We will send you a copy by post if you ask us to.
This privacy notice, relating to online sales from the museum shop was last changed on 15th November 2020
© Godalming Museum Online Shop