The building

 

Behind the Georgian brick front of the Museum lies a medieval timber-framed Wealden house.  The Living Landscape Gallery was originally the central hall, rising the full height of the building, with an open fire on the floor and a two storey wing on either side.  It was built in 1446 and incorporated an even earlier building, dating to around 1400 and visible in the Local History Gallery.  Follow the red letter building trail to find out more about this beautiful building – the oldest house in Godalming.

 
 
Return