This was a coaching inn. It was referred to in the 1620s, was rebuilt with the present facade in the late 18th century and closed in about 1830. It was then divided into two houses and later into shops, with the extreme east (right hand) end being a public house.
This closed in 1926. It had been variously known as the George, the George and Dragon and the Great George.
Source: Godalming and Farncombe Pubs & Breweries by John Janaway