A map thought to date from 1758 showing of the Wey from Catteshall to the Town Bridge,

This was possibly prepared in connection with the intended changes to open it to navigation. It shows the oldest known image of the Town Bridge. The configuration of Catteshall Mill can be seen at the top of the map

image: Godalming Museum, ref Woods H12, p3

 

The old bridge in more detail

This agrees with another depiction, dating from 1859

 

 

Return to The Town Bridge or The Lammas Lands or Catteshall Mill